There are several tips and tricks to getting stains out of your carpets.
1) You can make a homemade solution that is dish soap, vinegar, ammonia, and hydrogen peroxide. With this mixture it can help make the stain raise up and as you blot with a towel you’ll be removing all the liquid.
2) Sometimes you track in melted ice and then it leaves a brown stain behind. First, vacuum. Neutralize this with vinegar then blot with a towel. Finish with a mixture of warm water and soap. Blot again with a damp towel.
3) Urine. Soak the liquid up with a towel. Blot with warm water and soap. You can also blot with ammonia. You want to add some water to the ammonia so it’s not pure ammonia. Blot. You can neutralize the smell with either vinegar or baking soda.
4) Blood. Cold water and soap will help remove this. Sometimes peroxide. This is a hard stain. Sometimes you can blot with vinegar. We recommend if it’s too bad and covers a large area to call a carpet cleaner.
5) When in doubt call a cleaner. Some people add too much water and spread stains or add things that change the dyes in the carpet making the situation worse. Call King of Steam if you have questions or need us to come out.